Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Fun weekend, but now I'm sick!


Last weekend Scott and I headed up for our second Penn State football game of the season. I have to say, having the van makes going to the games 100% better. Seriously. Just the fact that I am able to sit up (and stand up!) without bonking my head on the PT Cruiser roof makes a huge difference! But it is great that we have so much more storage space, and move around space, and are able to sleep lying FLAT (instead of sorta bumpy...). Yes - it is very nice!
The game was good - PSU easily beat Syracuse. The weather was perfect - overcast - but didn't really rain at all during the game. It was a pretty good weekend.

Max is loving school so far. Yesterday I got my first call from the school nurse. I was feeling really sick, so when I saw there was a message on my cell phone from the school, I was afraid Max was sick too. Nope. It was just a message telling me that my son "Erik" had fallen and hit his head, but that he was OK. I called the school back to get the scoop on "Erik" - (funny how often I am called 'Erika' on accident - and now Max is getting called "Erik!" - Think CHIPS...). Anyway, Max had fallen on the playground and scraped the side of his face. Prognosis: He will LIVE! :)

He also went on his first YMCA field trip to Fairfax County Park. He said it was really fun, but there was a lot of hiking and dirt.

I am not doing as well at the moment. I started feeling sick Monday morning, but went to work anyway thinking I would feel better as the day went on. WRONG! I felt worse and worse. By about 2:00 pm I could barely look at my monitor without my head throbbing and me getting dizzy. By 3:00 pm I couldn't take it anymore. I was getting dizzy, my head hurt so bad I didn't even want to open my eyes, my throat hurt, my nose was running, BLAH! So, I went home, climbed in bed and crashed until it was time to pick up Max. Came home, made dinner and put Max to bed and crashed again. Today I am feeling a LITTLE better (not quite so dizzy, and head doesn't hurt as bad as yesterday) but decided to stay home from work so I could get better, and not pass anything on to my co-workers. (Everybody is a little skittish about getting sick these days - rightly so!). So, I'm at home, resting, doing some work, and resting some more... I'm accepting chicken soup donations... Haha... (Too bad most my friends who read this live at least 100 miles away from me - if not thousands, or across oceans!)

So besides being sick, life is good. Max loves school, both BYU and Penn State are having great football seasons (can you believe BYU beat OK?!?!! YAY!). Let's hope we can keep it up!

2 comments:

Shawna said...

Oh now I feel bad- I live a mile away and I didn't read this till now- do you still need soup donations? I'm actually making some tomorrow! Let me know!

Rebecca said...

Thanks Shawna! I actually got some soup tonight - and am feeling relatively better. However, I learned I feel much better if I stay in bed than if I get out of it... Oh well, tomorrow it is back to work regardless!

Followers