Sunday, September 27, 2009

Back to school, more Penn State, Teeth, and busy life!




Wow. OK. Where to start? First, I see I didn't put up Max's first day of school pics on my blog. Here they are - several weeks late... So far he is really enjoying kindergarten. In fact, the other night he told me that when he grows up, he wants to be 'the most awesomest teacher ever!'
Max and I attended my co-worker's wedding last weekend. Max was SO CUTE playing with his friend Seamus - they both looked so cute dressed up in their ties!

Max is also doing soccer again this year. He begged and begged to do it, and now he isn't so sure how much he likes waking up early on Saturday mornings for his games...
Other exciting news for Max: his long-awaited Snuggie has arrived. Max and I now have Matching Snuggies. Actually - he has a Snugglette, and I have a Snuggie. And since I ordered them on-line, you HAVE to do the 'buy one get one free' thing, so we now have 2 Snuggies and 2 Snugglets. So far, we have found them to be very comfy - though I don't know if I will be adorning it out in public quite yet... :)







Other Max news... You will recall that Max had to get a LOT of fillings a few months ago. (17 fillings to be exact). Well, one of those fillings didn't go so well - and he now has a severely abscessed tooth. Right now he is on antibiotics, and he will be getting the tooth pulled in a week and a half once he has finished his medication. Since it is one of his baby molars, they will then have to put a spacer in to make sure that his baby teeth don't shift around and mess up his bite, etc. I guess this tooth pulling will get him warmed up for when his 'extra' front tooth comes in this next year and we have to pull it. So much fun!

Let's see... News on the Penn State side of things. Today we got back from our 3rd trip up to Happy Valley this weekend. This trip was a wet, cold, and LOSING one. Although the game didn't end how we wanted it to, we still had a nice time - and we are LOVING the van. It is really nice to not have to sleep in the PT Cruiser!

Other than that, life continues to keep us busy. I'm busy at work, as usual. It is hard balancing my work demands with Max's emergency dental appointments, and occasional illnesses. I don't know how other single moms (and moms whose husbands are at war, etc.) do it. It is a very hard juggling act. I constantly feel that I am being pulled in so many different directions. As a mother, Max is my first priority. But part of being his mother also means supporting him financially - and that is hard to do when I have to miss work so often... Traffic has also been getting worse, making it harder to get home in time to pick up Max from after-school care. I am very blessed that I have a few friends that have been able to help me when I get in a squeeze. I really do appreciate having those friends in my life. So - thank you to those of you who have picked up Max when I couldn't get there in time, or who have picked up medications and transported them from one place to another, or who have offered to watch him when he is sick and I still have to go to work. I may live thousands of miles from my family, but I do feel that I have a support group around me.

1 comment:

Barb Elder said...

Wow busy busy busy. That what kids do to our life's. You are so bless to have Max and all those great friends to help out. Your the best. The Elders love you!!!

Followers