We just got back from a super fun camping/football trip! Since the opening Penn State game was over Labor Day Weekend, and Scott bought season tickets again, and since we also bought the **cool** conversion van, and since we both had our kids this weekend, we decided to do a big camping

/football trip. (OK - so the camping part was really my idea - but with a lot of persuasion, Scott agreed...). Luckily - Scott's mom also agreed to join us on this adventure (she brought most of the supplies, and agreed to watch Max and Michael so Scott and I could take Kyle to the game).
So, Thursday afternoon we loaded up the van and headed out to Pittsburgh where we spent the night at Granny's house. Friday morning we took off for State College - and the Bellmonte KOA Campground. After quickly pitching the tents and doing some general set-up, we hustled down to campus for Football Eve. What a blast! We knew EXACTLY where to go (this was our second year coming

!) and so we got front row seats right off the end zone. During football eve, Scott and his boys got to walk through the 'tunnel' and walk on the field, Max and I got on the jumbo screen, the Nittany Lion came RIGHT UP to us (sorta scared Max, but the rest of us were delighted!), and Max got to meet the baton-twirler girl (who he thought was pretty cool!). Plus, we all got to see and hear Joe Paterno speak, and see the band, etc. Everybody had a great time. (I know the kids don't look too thrilled in this picture - but they really did have a good time!)
After football eve we took the kids to downtown State College and had dinner. Max was loving life - all the college girls were checkin' him out - and he just played it up. Watch out women! We got back to camp around midnight and crashed!

Saturday morning Scott, Kyle and I got up early and headed out for the game. Our van was the perfect 'tailgating' medium. We were able to play some tailgating games, decorate Kyle's face, and chill before the game.

Meanwhile, Granny and the other boys hung out in State College and had a relaxing day. That evening, we came back to camp and cooked, explored, did smores, campfire stories, etc. It was Michael and Kyle's first time camping, but they acted like pros!
Sunday we packed up and came home. It was a great trip - everybody enjoyed it (even Scott!). Hopefully we will do it again!
*****************
On another note - tomorrow is Max's very first day of school. We have all of his school supplies packed into his back-pack. His lunch is made and in the fridge, his first-day-of-school outfit is laying out ready to be worn. Max is very excited for tomorrow - so excited that he couldn't sleep. I finally made him come downstairs and do clean-up until he fell asleep on the couch. He's such a cutie!
I'm torn about how I feel about him going to kindergarten. On one hand I am happy - he is growing up! He is definitely ready to go to school. He knows his alphabet, he is starting to read a little bit, and he is just so curious about the world. But I am just sad to see my only little baby growing up so fast. As I was putting away all of his new school clothes I came across the outfit he was blessed in as a baby. It was size 0-2 months old, and I remember that it was SO big on him. It seemed like just yesterday that he was this little infant in my arms, and now he is so independent! I'm excited to see him grow up, but just feel the time is slipping away from me faster than I ever imagined it would. I love that little boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment