Unfortunately - as I paint -I have been moving furntiture around. In the process - I have totally thrown out my back. with a 4 year old, plus just being a mom, etc - I don't get the chance to let it re-coup. and I am not doing myself any favors by continuing to paint, and scoot furniture around! OK, OK, OK - I will stop and let people help... But man - I am in pain!
Today I took Max to his 2nd soccer day. Last week his dad took him - so I didn't really get to see what it was like. But today I got to be there for it. It was great! He had so much fun, the coaches were great, it was fun to interact with the other parents, and the weather was great! Max listened to EVERYTHING the coach said. He ran so fast, kicked the ball hard, he just had a great time! Why doesn't he listen that well at home!?!? Reston Soccer is great! I brought my camera - but it ran out of batteries. I brought extra batteries - but it turned out that they were old used batteries... :( Another parent took pics and said he would email them, so hopefully I will have something to show.
8 comments:
The color looks really great. But listen to your own advice and get some help! Bad backs are not good to have.
Hurray for soccer! The paint color looks nice. I can't wait to see the rest of the house.
The house looks great. You will have to make a virtual tour for those of us that are poor, in Utah and want to see what it looks like. Also it sounds like Max is a Soccer Player, I think I called that when he was just little kid!
Looks good. But a bad back is not. Love ya
I really like that wall color! I've always been a fan of darker walls.
I like your color. So, you didn't tape the ceiling? how do you keep it from getting paint on it? I am restarted and scared to paint.
Scott told me the steps to painting. The #1 rule is that you have to follow them in order for it to turn out well. Here you go:
#1: Spackle. Fill in all your holes with spackling and let it dry.
#2: Sand down the spackling.
#3: Get a wet rag and WIPE DOWN THE WALLS.
#4: Tape. If you have the nasty ceiling like I do that tape won't stick to - then don't worry - just tape your base boards. But also remove your electrical fixtures, etc...
#5: Get a PAINTBRUSH (not a roller) and paint the very top, and around the baseboards. Basically - you are doing it by hand - and you will be able to make sure you don't get paint on your ceiling. Start somewhere conceiled - but then you get the hang of it real fast...
#6: Get your roller brush and fill in the rest.
#7: Let it dry completely - if it needs another coat - use the roller brush.
Then - you are good to go! Yeah!
Sweet!! Now, I just have to pick a color....ten years later.=)
Post a Comment