Monday, February 22, 2010

Spring

Although I can't see the 'grass' in front of my house (covered with snow), I did see some bulbs pushing up from the one section of my yard not covered in snow!  I'm banking on that little plant being the sign that winter is on the way out, and spring is on the way in!

Not much going on here right now - though it seems we are always busy doing one thing or another.  Max is really loving kindergarten.  He has his ups and downs, but he is really progressing with his reading and math skills.  However, I think this kid might turn into a historian!  Everyday he comes home with stories about Rosa Parks or George Washington.  The other day he gave me a list of reasons why Abraham Lincoln and Martin Luther were similar and different.  (They both were shot!  And Martin Luther King Jr. gave a speech infront of Abraham Lincoln's Memorial).  I am going to make a list of places for us to go visit this summer to help cement some of this learning.  If I can figure out how to do it - I will post it on my blog.  Locals (or people travelling to DC) are more than welcome to join us. 

Max and I enjoyed going to BINGO night at his school on Friday.  Tomorrow morning Max and his class will be on his local school station (WTER) singing the Christmas songs (the snow has really put delays into some of these performances).

Sorry no pictures today - but I will try to put some up soon!  Let's hope for more warm days so we can melt this snow!

No comments:

Followers