Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Where did the time go?!!?

And now we are in the latter half of May!  So many things have happened, so many stories, adventures, mishaps and excitements.  Not even sure what to include and what to leave out!  I guess the problem is - I now Facebook more - and so I tend to BLOG less - which is sad - because blogging is much more, well, journalistic?  FB'ing is trendy, but it seems impermanent.

I'm all over the place tonight - so I will quickly jot down some things - and maybe - MAYBE come back to them at a later date.  We'll see...

Hmmm...  Let's see...
Dental Adventures!:  Max's 'third' tooth is really coming in now.  I think I mentioned it in the past - but basically, he has this 'extra' adult tooth that will be growing right inbetween his front two teeth.  It is coming in fast - and REALLY pushing his two front teeth apart.  The top picture was taken on New Year's Even, and the bottom picture was taken 5 months later. Not sure if you can tell - but there is a LOT more space between those teeth now!  I talked to Max's dentist about it - and if Max can't wiggle his baby front tooth out by the end of school, we'll have to have that one removed.  Then, no matter what - we have to get the 'extra' tooth removed.  Lot$ of fun...  But pretty interesting too...


Running Events:  I am finally trying to make some time to get back into running and what not.  I am super busy at work - but tyring to do it anyway.  2 weeks ago my friend Erin and I ran a 5K here in Reston.  It wasn't exactly my best time ever, but considering I had not even walked briskly for over 2 months - I think I did pretty good!  Then last weekend Max and I participated in a 5K for our buddy Seamus - who has Cystic Fibrosis.  I was SO proud of Max who rode his bike the entire 5K - even though he was very tired and there were some long, hard parts.  He did great!  Thanks to my friends and family who donated to the cause as well!

Home Improvements:  FINALLY I got somebody in here to take the horrible, awful tile off of the bathroom walls, repair the drywall and repaint everything in my downstairs bathroom.  It still needs some more work - but is looking SO much better!  I am slowly making progress to get this house looking better!

Max's Medical Issues:  We finally have a diagnosis for Max - he has encoporosis (which I probably just spelled wrong and am too lazy to correct because I am just SO tired...).  Basically - he is constipated beyond our imagination - about 3 years backed up.  We have gone through MRIs, lots of doctor appointments (and more to come) and are now enrolled in a study with the University of Virginia.  Max has to take daily medicine and do daily exercises - but I have to say - things are getting SO MUCH BETTER.  He is actually able to poop once a day now - and I don't think he has EVER done that before.  So - still lots of problems surrounding the whole issue - and I don't think Max really wants me to go into it in detail here - but he and I are working to get things better.

My Car!  My old car died.  Yes - it was a sad day.  Well, actually, it didn't die all the way - but I had several different mechanics and dealers all seperately tell me that it was not safe to drive, and they should technically not let me drive it off the lot.  But I did.  Until I found my new, cute Honda Insight!  So, I am now making monthly car payments again - but at least it is for a nice new car that makes my commute a little more enjoyable.  I'll have to put a picture up soon!

Well, I really need to get some work-work done and get to bed soon.  Sorry I am not better at keeping up - but that is how the world turns!  Have a great Wednesday!

1 comment:

Tammy and Alvin said...

It's so good to read an update! That extra tooth is crazy. Never heard of something like that. Don't you have all the dental "luck". Take care!

Followers