Max and I are keeping busy! Check in often for updates... Leave us comments so we know you were here!
Monday, February 15, 2010
Happy Valentine's Day!
Again, I start off a blog apologizing for not keeping up with this blog. Despite the fact that I have spent the last week being snowed in by the biggest series of storms ever to hit the DC area in over 100 years, I have not had time to keep up with this thing. Will try to do better?
Anyway - to say the least, we have gotten a TON of snow. No, really - a ton. Max has missed 6 days of school so far for the two storms that hit last week, and schools are still closed tomorrow - and possibly Tuesday. Will he ever go back!?!?!
My backyard has about 2 1/2 feet of snow (maybe more - I am not going out there to take an official measurement!) that is going no where fast. I have ice cycles taller than me hanging from my roof. There are piles of snow 6-8 feet all over the place - parking lots, road medians, sidewalks, everywhere. Parking are more like mazes than open spaces. Let me tell you - it is crazy.
Today, Scott and I actually joined a group of parents who went out to help dig out schools - hoping it would help them to open on Monday. We dug snow, broke up ice, and worked - but still - no school. Yes - we have a lot of snow!
I will try to blog again soon - and hopefully it will be less 'snow' oriented!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment