Thursday, September 03, 2009

Fun, fun summer

Time to start to catch up on the blog... We have been so busy these past few weeks that I have really let my blog slip. We just got home a few hours ago from a great trip to visit my family in Las Vegas. We had a blast. Here are a few of the things we got to do while in town:
  • Catch up with lots of friends -including Liz (from Maryland!), high school buddies, lots of family (brothers and cousins) and even a co-worker (Chris). It was so much fun to see everybody! I wish my time wasn't so rushed!
  • We went to my dad's cabin up in Cedar Breaks, UT (just north of Cedar City). It was beautiful! Max had the BEST time running around with his cousins, riding ATVs and hiking. (OK - so he didn't really like the hiking part - but everything else he loved.)
  • I got to go to the Shakespeare festival in Cedar City - this is a LONG lived tradition that my mom has kept going for years. I attribute my apprecation of literature to her. Thanks for making that part possible mom!
  • Swim, relax, shop and eat HOME COOKED FOOD!
  • Eat fast food that you can't get on the East Coast (or at least not where I live) - In-N-Out Burger, Del Taco, Sonic and Roberto's. Sooo yummy!
  • Work. Yes - I ended up doing a lot of work while on my 'vacation' - but it was still nice to be away from the office.

My vacation isn't quite over yet - We are all heading out for a big camping trip up near Penn State. On Saturday Scott and I are taking his son Kyle to his first Penn State game. Max and Michael will hang back at the camp ground (or will go on adventures in the area) during the game. I'll post pictures from that adventure next week! It will be a great time!

So, here are pictures from this past week in Vegas!


Max helps grandpa clean the pool.












Here I am with some friends from high-school. It was SO good to see them!




Me and my brother Nate at my parent's house.

Jake and I outside my dad's cabin.





We got my mom a Snuggie for Mother's Day (yes - a little late...). Max LOVED it, and can't wait to get his in the mail.



Me and Max on our short little hike at Cedar Breaks (just a few minutes from Dad's cabin).





Max and Josh at 10,000+ feet. If the view doesn't take your breath away, the altitude will!




Aubrey, Max and Addison gearing up for a day riding ATVs. Max was in 7th heaven!








Cousin Addison in front of dad's cabin.





David, Addison, Max, Rebecca and Aubrey on the cabin porch. Ignore how I look, I had just gotten back from a walk/jog at 10,000 feet. It was a little difficult!






All in all, we had a great time. We were sad to go, but it is nice to be home again!

1 comment:

Tammy and Alvin said...

Wow! That sounds and looks like such a wonderful trip. I'm so glad you got to take a break and have that special time with family. As a side note, I haven't seen you in a long time and you are looking totally skinny! Way to go with your running or whatever you are doing. :)

Followers