As Max discovers how the world works - he has started coming up with some theories of his own. Tonight he explained to me how God made us...
First - he found a whole bunch of bones on earth. Then he got some glue and glued them together - but not in the straight parts, but the bending parts. You know - like your knees. Then he put skin all over our bodies.
Also - the other day his teacher read them a book about how we get bananas. He was just BUBBLING with information as we walked to my car. "Mom - did you know where bananas come from? They come from the jungle!!!! Do you know how they get here? They get picked in the jungle, then come in a big boat, then get put in big trucks and then come to US! Did you KNOW THAT MOM?!?!!?" Then, for the rest of the ride home, he described the innocent details of the banana trade. (I didn't have the heart to tell him how much blood had been shed over the banana trade business!)
Tonight we had some neighbors over for a picnic - and had a great time! I have been trying to master the 'steak' and tonight I came very close! I have to say - I was very impressed with myself! YUMMY!
Now - time for bed - lots more going on these next few weeks! My parents are coming to visit, we'll be going to visit them in Las Vegas soon, and hopefully many other evenings filled with swimming, barbecuing, catching light bugs, and playing games! This is a great summer so far!
2 comments:
Cute stories! That Max always was a smart one. :)
Max just blew that theory of evolution to shreds. Eat that Darwin!
Post a Comment