Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Sorry I have slacked

Well, once again it has been so long since I last wrote. Lots going on - we've been busy! I still can't find the cords to charge my camera - so still no pics - I just have a few pics from my phone. Here are is a brief summary (not in any particular order)

1. Max finished his first season of basketball at the YMCA, and he earned a medal. He has been wearing this medal for the past couple of weeks, he has been so proud of it!

2. Max had kindergarten registration! He loved it. He got to meet all the teachers and go to the different classrooms. Meanwhile mom got to hear all about the school, the curriculum, the teachers, etc. I have to say - I started to tear up a few times, but was able to hold back. I don't know if I'll do better on the actual first day of school though! Max is really excited because he already knows a couple of kids who will be going to his school (one neighbor and one kid from daycare).
3. After registration Max had to go give a urine sample and do a blood test for his kindergarten physical. He did a great job with the urine part. Peeing in a cup is easy for boys. Then, he was sorta nervous about the 'blood' part - but he was so brave in the begining. He offered his arm right up - helped to pull up his sleeve, and watched as they wiped him down, and got the needle ready. Then all the sudden - he started screaming "AAAHhhhhh IT HURTS!!!!" Did he really think he wouldn't feel anything? But he was just so sad and everything that, for the 2nd time that day, I almost started crying with him. Somehow we lived though...
4. Well - it has been about 3 weeks and Max has not had an accident or a fight! I am very proud of him! Again - he is just growing up!
5. We sold our train table! Having it gone has really opened up the space in my living room. It looks much bigger and cleaner!

6. My blinds were finally installed today. I have to say - I was skeptical. They were more money than I would want to pay - but wow - they look GREAT! I am slowly making improvements to my little house!

7. We bought a barbecue grill - and I even put it together all by myself! This last weekend we had the official 'first cookout' and it was a lot of fun. I had a hamburger and the boys had hotdogs. Everybody was happy. :)

8. I have been really busy at work. Traffic is getting worse. It has been very frustrating, that as the weather gets nicer outside - I am stuck sitting in my car on the beltway instead of playing with Max, or working out, or anything else... Now some of the Reston pools are open (we even went swimming this weekend!) and I would rather be swimming than sitting in traffic!!!
9. Wow - I don't even remember if I wrote that I went to the Penn State Blue and White game in my last past. Well - if I didn't tell you all - we went. It was hot, but fun. Not as fun as a regular game, but still - pretty fun.

10. This last weekend it was finaly warm enough to take the raft out! Max was able to be the captain of his 'own' boat (which meant we towed him behind ours). He did a really good job trying to row and yelling out instructions to the 'Admiral'. :)

11. In preparation for our big New York City trip, Max and I have started sampling independent 'New York Style' pizza. He definintely approved of 'Flippin Pizza' in Herndon. Another favorite of ours - Santini's in Reston. YUM!


12. Max has really gotten into video games. He is getting really good at the Wii and often beats me at Tennis and golf. He is also working on his XBox Lego Star Wars skills.
13. FINALLY - the best news of all! Today I got a letter from Reston Home Owner's Association stating that I had complied with ALL violations with my door and that my record was now clean. Gee - that only took 6 months, $1500, running all over town to find the exact right color of paint (which is butt ugly! - I need to post a picture of that!) and a lot of angst. But all good now!
Well, hopefully I will locate my camera charger soon so i can post better pictures. Hope all is well with all my readers! Cheers!

1 comment:

Wendi said...

Woah....I cannot believe Max is going to Kindergarten...what happened to your tin foil burrito baby? Are you going to Lea's tomorrow...looking forward to seeing you:)

Followers