Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Thrills/Chills, Ups/downs - whatever...


So some people on their blog only say the GREAT fun things going on in their life. Some do a thrills/chills thing - listing both. Well - I try to stick with the upbeat - you know - there are some pretty fun and exciting happenings in our lives... Well - tonight - I'm going with the UpDown theme instead... I'll state the issue - you can guess the direction...
  • Max had 2 days straight with no pee-pee or poo-poo accidents and no 'hitting, spitting, pushing, kicking or talking back.'

  • The 2-day stretch ended today.

  • Max is 4, going on 5. (you get the picture...
---------------


  • I finally finished painting the trim around my front door! It is a beautiful color of BROWN. I really LOVE home owner associations - especially Reston's!!
---------------

  • Work continues to keep me very busy - and very occupied. The commute is extremely variable. It can literally take anywhere from 35 minutes to an hour and 35 minutes. No way to predict it - you just have to leave enough time... So frustrating. Except for on the 35 minute days! :)
---------------
  • I'm going to the Penn State Blue and White game this weekend - which should be really fun. Back to sleeping in the back of a PT Cruiser and loving every minute of it. Good Times! (Even though that may sound sarcastic - it isn't meant to be - I am really looking forward to that trip).

  • Speaking of trips - Max and I have decided we want to take a quick trip up to New York City to see the sites. We are going to take the bus up, do the Statue of Liberty, the Zoo at Central Park, maybe the Empire State Building, eat LOTS of pizza, and Time Square so Mom can get a sandwhich at that one REALLY good deli. (mom - do you remember the name of that place we went to - it was SOOOO freaking good? I have been craving it since we went there almost 2 years ago!)

  • And speaking of trips - our final summer outing will be to Las Vegas. We plan to spend about 2 weeks out west. Hopefully we will get to see lots of our cousins, lots of my high school friends, I'm hoping to run out to CA for a day or two, and finally go to my dad's cabin for a few days. Phew... We'll get home just in time to rest up before I start work.

OK - so basically no exciting breaking news - but yeah - that is my life in a nutshell these days. Faucets still leak, but the door is painted. More and more boxes and stacks of crap have been thrown out, things are SLOWLY starting to come together. On Friday I am even getting my windows measured for blinds! WHooo-hooo! :D


I'm going to bed - it is LATE!


2 comments:

Jill said...

I think your trips sound exciting (and Max's two day stretch as well).

Heather said...

pizza sounds so good right now. I have a goal to have real New York pizza someday.=) Sounds like so much fun!!!

Followers