Easter weekend was pretty nice. Max was with his dad until Sunday night - which means I got to do some relaxing - and I really needed it. Most of my weekend was pretty quiet - watching movies, ordering-in Chinese food, long walks, etc. My one big 'adventure' of the weekend was going to Old Towne Alexandria (Virginia) to see this great band Ceann play. I've seen them play a couple of times now - and they are pretty cool. After Ceann, on our way back to the car we decided to stop by another joint that was playing live Blue Grass for some dessert. That was so much fun! 'The Pluckers' were playing, and they were just great fun!The weather is still a bit on the chilly side out here - but we were able to get in some good walks this weekend, and I took some pictures. Remember - I am NOT a great photographer - I just appreciate the views! (Can you see the rainbow in the fountain? Very cool!)
Since Max's dad didn't do the Easter Bunny thing - I prepared a little Easter basket and hid some candy-stuffed eggs around the house. On the way home from dad's house - I went over the meaning of Easter - making sure Max knew it was just about candy
and Easter bunnies, etc. He has a really hard time saying 'resurrection' - and often has to ask me how the word st
arts. But he is getting general understanding of it all. Well, then he got home and saw the basket, and realized there were candy filled eggs all over the house! WOWSERS! He was so excited.
***Side Note*** I hid the eggs at the last minute, and at the end, had a plastic bag of about 20 empty eggs that I wasn't going to hide. So, I just 'hid' the whole bag under my jacket. He'd never look there...
Well, of course - as he was loo
king - he found THE BAG OF EMPTY EGGS and thought he hit the mother-load. Sigh. I had to explain that the Easter Bunny or something had left them. Sigh... So then, he continues his hunt, and as he does so he says (and I am quoting him here!) "Mommy - you did a great, I mean, the Easter Bunny did a GREAT job of hiding these eggs!"
Well, of course - as he was loo
SIGH... My 4 1/2 year old son is protecting me from the fact that HE KNOWS no Easter Bunny hid those eggs... What is a mommy to do!?! :)
4 comments:
Wait, what are you suggesting about the Easter bunny?
Max is getting so big. What a handsome boy he is.
Don't worry, Jake. She just got confused for a minute. The Easter Bunny is real. Right, Becky?
Mom
Of COURSE the Easter bunny is real! Hello!!!
Post a Comment