Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Update on the door...

Well, it is late, and I am tired - but here is a quick run-down on my front-door situation. Many frustrations:

1. I had ordered the door weeks, weeks, weeks ago - but never heard from Lowe's installation department. Finally - I called them, was hung up on several times - but finally got through to somebody who said - "Oh - you mean they never called you? Your door has been ready for about 2 weeks!"

So - I set up a time to have the front door installed. They guys said they could do it in dry weather or snowy weather, but rain was hard. It was sunny in the morning, but of course, started raining as soon as they had my door out of the frame... Anyway - I had a friend who was nice enough to come hang out at my house until I could get home while the worker's started working.

2. As soon as I pulled up to my house - I realized the door was wrong. My HOA requires I have a flat panal door - but they brough me a 6 panal door. This means that they now have to make me a WHOLE NEW DOOR. It also means another time set aside for them to come over and install it. Meanwhile- I get calls from all kinds of people - the guy who made the door, Lowes, the guy who installed the door, etc. All of them asked me exactly what was wrong with the door. I told all of them the same thing "I have to have a flat door - not a 6-panal door." So - they make me a new door - I set up a time to meet them so they can install the door.

3. So - they show up to install the door. First thing they say to me is this - "you don't need a new side window, do you! You need a different door!" I agreed with them. Guess what - they brought a new side-panal window. Not a new door. So now - I have to miss work AGAIN for them to come and install the door.

4. The real kicker happened this afternoon when I got a call from Loew's - they wanted to know how my door installation went a few weeks ago. I about lost it! I told them that the door they brought was wrong, that Loew's and everybody else called me about 5 times to figure out why it was wrong, and THEN - they still sent over the WRONG part to fix it! And everytime they messed up - I had to take time off of work, etc, etc...

I was pretty nice with all my ranting and ravings, but really - this is getting to be insane! It is just a door! It should NOT have cost $1500 in the first place! It should not take 4 visits to my house to have it installed. It should NOT be that complicated! Sigh... Hopefully tomorrow they will bring the correct door...

1 comment:

lilly said...

ugh! these things are always such a PAIN! you think that going through a lowes or home depot the standards would be a little higher, but i think that it just over complicates things! your blog reminded me of several times we had ordered things from home depot when we were living in nj and the exact same thing happened. they would promise it would be in by a certain date. we wouldn't hear from them, so several days or a week after that date, we would call and they'd say, "oh yes! that came in weeks ago!" i believe it happened to us three times actually, with our garage doors, our front door, and the shed we ordered. now that i think back on it, why the hell did we keep ordering things from them?

Followers