Sunday, November 16, 2008

Leaves, leaves, and MORE LEAVES!!!

Well - there are a LOT of leaves here! I have lived out in this area for about 10 years or so - but never have I had so many leaves to deal with! The first townhouse I owned was in a nice area, but, well, it didn't have many trees. We had a big tree in our front yard, but just one. Usually there was raking session and that was that.

With my divorce/seperation - I moved to an apartment while I figured out what I wanted to do next. SWEET - management takes care of all leaves, snow, grass, etc. Cannot complain!


Well, now I am a home owner in Reston - and Reston has a LOT of foilage. I love it. I love the forests, the trees, the green, the squirrels, chipmunks and birds - I love it. But I don't know how much I love raking these leaves! The first raking was fun - the kids loved it - it was cool. Then the next morning Max and I walked out of the house to a yard and car covered in an inch of leaves AGAIN! This time, some people from my church came over and raked leaves as a part of a service scavenger hunt. (THANK YOU!!!)

So, we enjoyed a day or two of a clean yard - until once again - my yard was covered in about 6 inches of leaves. I actually thought that my newspaper wasn't delivered one day because it was covered under so many leaves! So - Saturday - I raked AGAIN. I don't know why - Sunday morning my yard was covered again. I came home Sunday evening to a clean yard though - one of my neighbors raked my yard, and cleaned my gutters. Wow. Thank you!!!
I just have to say - I am not really COMPLAINING about this - but I do think it is funny. I had NO IDEA that so many leaves could congregate in one location... It is amazingly beautiful - until they land in your yard!
What else? Let's see -this weekend we did do a lot of yard work. We raked all the leaves at my house, and then all the leaves at our friend's Scott's house. We also watched the Penn State/Indiana game - (PENN ST WON!!!). We set up the Christmas tree and a train set at our friends house. We went down to Potomac Mills mall - and I remembered how much I do NOT like going to the mall during the Christmas season - so many people! And we spent time just chilling out. That is always fun!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

OK, I'm sure we don't have anywhere near as many leaves as what you're describing, but here's what gets me every time I'm raking the truckloads of leaves off of our yard...

We don't even have a tree...

But we have neighbors with trees, so we get all the leaves too.

There have been times I've considered going to my neighbors and (nicely) asking THEM to rake my leaves, since, you know, the leaves came from THEIR trees and all.

Congrats on the Penn State win too. We've been kind of following their success this year b/c there are a couple of guys at Darrell's work who went to Penn State. So I was actually thinking of you when I heard they won Saturday. Yay!

Followers