Friday, August 22, 2008

Soccer Mom!


I am going to be a soccer mom! Well, OK - Max is going to be on a soccer team - a rather informal one (since he is only FOUR) - but man - we are excited! I told Max he was going to be playing soccer soon and he just started asking me:

"So I can kick the ball around?"
"So then I will play basketball?"
"And then I will play baseball?"
"And then I will play football?"

I didn't even get a chance to answer even one of these questions before he went into a 'Panda-Fu' karate kick. Yes - he is excited!

So I'm going to get him the shin guards and all that - even though I've heard they aren't really TOTALLY necessary for that age group. Max watches his dad play soccer Thursday nights - and so he knows what it should look like. Since he is so excited about it - I told him we would have to go to the store to buy shin guards - but that he might have to use some of his allowance. He was so excited to have the chance to SPEND his allowance! Too, too funny!

The best part is - all they do at this age level is go out onto the field in groups of like 15 kids or something and run around and kick the ball. I think there is some structure (like I had to PAY to do this...) but they don't keep score or anything like that.

My son - the next Freddie Adu! (Except he isn't black...)

1 comment:

Miller Family said...

Go Max! So happy to hear you are back in Virginia. When are you coming to dinner?

Followers