Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Catch up time...

OK - I am so sorry that I have not been good at blogging as of late. I have been busy - but still, that is not excuse! To avoid a long, boring blog, I am just going to list the fun, exciting things I have done in the past few weeks. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I don't have pictures of most of them... But it has been a very nice couple of weeks for us...
  • Made friends with my neighbor Traci. We now are running partners - and she is convincing me to try train for a 10K. I haven't totally committed, but am seriously thinking about it.
  • I have started running again. Just last night I ran 5.8 miles! My TOES are killing me!!!
  • I went kayaking in the Potomac.
  • I went golfing! I did an executive par 3 9 hole course (Burke Lake, VA). My best hole was 6. (I thought I would be horrible, terrible, awful - but I wasn't THAT bad! It was a good first time. I finally am to the point where I hit the ball 95% of the time, with some degree of accuracy - and can get it out about 50 - 75 feet. Watch out Tiger!
  • We all went to the Asian Festival - now that was an adventure! Next time remind me to make sure Max takes a longer nap before hand!
  • I am addicted to Battle Star Galactica. Yeah - say whatever you want...
  • I saw the Batman movie. It was good, but a little too dark for my taste.
  • I finally put my Virginia License Plates on my car (2 weeks after getting them... Ooops!).
  • I am getting PUMPED for college football season to start. I'm going to the Penn State/Coastal Carolina game! Go Penn State!
  • I taught Max to fish.
  • I am super busy at work.
  • Max pretty much taught himself to start swimming. Then the water started cooling off and there were a few B.M. issues - so we stopped going to the pools so often... :(
  • It is so nice outside - it has been hard for me to focus on getting my house fixed up. I really need to finish painting downstairs...

I am really really enjoying my new house. I have already made a lot of friends here. Tonight I forgot to bring in my wrench and other tools from putting my license plates on my car - and 30 minutes later three kids come knocking on my door and returned them! YEAH!!! I miss my MD friends. I miss being able to call Ryann in the morning on my way to work. Especially now that I have a longer commute again!

I will really try to stay up on my blogging from now on. Sorry for the slackage! Please shoot me emails and say hello!

1 comment:

Ryann said...

so many fun things. Is Scott making you a Penn State fan? Did I tell you that I almost went to school there? And I too miss our calls! I miss the phone-you have to pay for every single call out here. Expensive. I miss you!

Followers