Well, Max and I are both dealing with the break-in. I'm feeling better about things maybe because because I realize that I can secure my house better. I am now doing that - and so I feel more empowered. Max - well -he is having a harder time. He wants to be within 6 feet of meet at all time. That was tough. I was getting really annoyed at times. Let me tell you - it is tough having a 4 year old within 6 feet of you at all times. But then today while I was at work I started thinking about what he was going through. He saw ME - his mommy - his PROTECTOR feel violator - loose her cool. So - I decided the thing I could do to help him was to give him extra time, attention, and love. It seems to be working because tonight he went to bed without any problems. Yeah!!!
We have a great neighbor! She is a single mom too - and has three kids. Her youngest is Max's age - and already they constantly ask to play with eachother. Last night I went to see a show at Wolf Trap with some friends, and Max was able to have dinner and go to sleep at her house. He loves going over there - it is great. She has been a great support during this breakthrough thing - she is really awesome.
We have a great neighbor! She is a single mom too - and has three kids. Her youngest is Max's age - and already they constantly ask to play with eachother. Last night I went to see a show at Wolf Trap with some friends, and Max was able to have dinner and go to sleep at her house. He loves going over there - it is great. She has been a great support during this breakthrough thing - she is really awesome.

Today we went grocery shopping at a store near us - the biggest draw for me is that it has little tiny carts that kids can push around. Max thought it was pretty cool that he had his own cart. He then tried to carry a full bag of groceries from the store to the car (in Virginia they generally don't let you push the cart from the store to your car). He insisted he do it himself - though it was truly really pretty heavy. It was so cute to seem him try so hard!
2 comments:
I read your post yesterday and had my heart about jump out of my chest when you said you saw a "head." I am so sorry you had to go through that. I a glad to hear that you are both doing better. What a scary thing to happen.
Congratulations on your new house! I wish I could come hang out and help you pack your stuff up.
That was so scary! I suppose it was because I read your blog entry that I had it, but I had a dream last night about my house being broken into and I wasn't even home. Just having a dream scared me. I can't imagine how terrifying it must have been for you.
I'm glad you and Max are doing good now. Congratulations on the new house... yeah for you!
~~Janelle
Post a Comment