Thursday, July 24, 2008

Break In

Last night my house was broken into. Here is the basic story of what happened:

It was 11:00 pm last night - during a huge thunderstorm. I was just upstairs unpacking. I didn't have the tv on, no music or anything - so it was really quiet. All the sudden I heard the rain go from the muffled 'indoor' sound to the more intense 'door open' sound. Then I heard footsteps. At first I thought maybe Max had gotten out of bed - but he never does that. Then I looked down the stairwell and saw a head. I just started screaming and screaming. I guess they ran out the sliding glass door in the back (that is how they got in too). I called the police who were there in about 5-10 minutes. They checked out the whole house - nothing was taken. The guy wasn't there anymore. They dusted for fingerprints - but said it didn't look like they have enough to go on. Luckily both Max and I are fine - and they didn't take anything. But we are both pretty traumatized. He has been acting really funny all day - and has to be in visual site of me at all times. I can't even go to the bathroom without him. Me - I jump at all the noises, and start thinking of all the scary movies I have seen. Pretty crappy.

8 comments:

Jill said...

Scary Rebecca! I'm so glad you two are alright.

Ryann said...

That is terrible. Was the sliding door unlocked? Do you have a fenced backyard? Maybe you should lock that. also get one of those security bars to put on your sliding glass door. They even have really inexpensive door chimes that you can put on which act as a sort of alarm. I really hope that it doesn't happen again.

Tammy and Alvin said...

Aaah! Scary! I'm so glad that nothing bad happened. Maybe it's a sign that you should move back :) We miss you!

Heather Bell said...

How scary!! I am glad you guys are okay.

Barb Elder said...

That is so SCARY! I am sorry. Keep all doors locked. I wouldn't want anything to happen to you. We all miss you tons. I think about you a lot. We love our Becky!

Natalie said...

Sorry to hear that you guys had such a scare. I wish that I could send you my dogs because they are really good at barking at everything. We'll keep you in our prayers.

Shawna said...

Oh my gosh that's so scary! I'm glad things are going better, but that's just not what you needed! (((HUGS)))

Bob Blandeburgo said...

YIKES. Glad you and Max are ok.

Followers