Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Nothing big, just updates...

Well, first - last night, Max slept in his UNDERWEAR and he stayed dry ALL NIGHT LONG (Then proceeded to have an accident at school - but who is counting?)! Max has decided that he is not wearing diapers anymore though - so that is what we are working for!

My house is slowly getting closer to being more organized. We actually had some friends over for dinner on Sunday - and I made a roast! Wooooahhhh.... I got some help arranging the living room furniture a little better, and now it is just the slow, steady process of unpacking the last things, finishing paint jobs, and hanging pictures.

As far as recovering from the break-in - I think Max is doing better than me at this point. He doesn't talk about it at all, and seems fine by himself. I, on the other hand, seem to be doing worse. When I am home alone at night, right around 10:30 or 11:00 - my heart starts racing, and I literally almost become parallized. I literally have to force myself to go brush my teeth and wash my face. I won't walk near a window, and if I have to - I just freak out.

I was listening to a story on NPR about PTSD and how people don't really feel the effects of something till months later. Well, maybe since mine was a rather minor incident - I am just feeling it sooner. Regardless - right now I am having a hard time dealing...

3 comments:

Dan and Sharon said...

Get an alarm system. Even if it is one at Home depot you install yourself. It will take the edge off. I love having ours and don't have that weird feeling anymore.

Rebecca said...

Dan - you will always have that 'weird' feeling! That is why we love you!

Jill said...

I hear ya Rebecca. It can take a while to get over that scary feeling and it just sucks that you have times when you don't feel safe in your own home because that's supposed to be a safe haven. I hope things get progressively better for you. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you (even if it's just a late night phone call during your panic time).

Followers