One day Max is going to KILL me for writing about this stuff on a blog that dozens of people read... But - well - turns out we are moving back to diapers for a while. When I took him in for his four-year-old visit I brought up his pooping issues with his doctor. Turns out he is extremely constipated - and probably has been for a while. It hurts him a LOT to go #2, and that is why he won't go on the potty. So now, I have to put him on Miralex to get him unconstipated. Then - because he has been constipated for so long - he will not be able to feel when he needs to go... It is going to take about 6 months (or more) to retrain the necessary muscles to feel that 'Oh, I need to go poop' feeling. Then I can begin working with the potty... :(
Max is sad to go back to diapers - but he has to since now his stools are getting so loose. Mommy is sad because, well, she has to buy and change diapers for another 6 months. :(...
We are starting to really love our new house. I'll post pictures soon - things still aren't completly settled, but getting closer!
1 comment:
we have been down that road. em has suffered from constiapation forever. she still has problems sometimes and miralax has been our friend. i'm glad that you have a reason for the trouble but hope that everything will go smoothly next time.
Post a Comment