Thursday, June 19, 2008

So many things to tell you about!

MAX'S BIRTHDAY: First - Max turned FOUR YEARS OLD on Sunday. He didn't get a birthday party, even though he really wanted one because he still has some potty issues. But we are working on it. Well, mommy is working on it. I don't think Max really cares one way or the other... But he did have two fun little birthday activities. His pre-school met up with the church play group and I took an hour off of work, and we all had cupcakes at the park. That was fun.

(The two girls in this picture are Max's primary love interests... He is planning on marrying Gracie once he is big. But Abby (who he goes to school with) is who REALLY gives him the run for his money. She won't have anything to do with him, but he just idolizes her...)


On his actual birthday Max went to church where they sang to him, and he got a pencil and a card. He was very excited about that. After church we went to our friends house and hung out and had cake and ice-cream. It was a beautiful day, and we went to a couple of different parks, and actually ended up eating the cake outside. (Don't tell the RHO - but some of the ducks at Lake Anne got some cake too!) We have a pretty good time.

(Max kept trying to look into the 'big blue bag' to find out what his present was. You can see Scott here telling him it was a cute pink dress.)

(PS - please ignore what Max is wearing in this picture! he spilled on the regular shirt underneath - so we took it off, but he still wanted to wear the sweater vest... inside-out... I may not be the best dresser - but I am not that bad!!!)



HOUSE NEWS: Oh - I am so mad and sad. The house WILL be mine - it is only a matter of time. I was supposed to settle on Tuesday - but the settlement attorney's office still doesn't have all of the paperwork they need. I guess this is a national epidemic, not just a small thing happening to me. All I know is it sure sucks. Hopefully sometime today that home will be mine and I can get all the contractors inside working on it!!!



FUN: I am a working, single mom. I don't get to do many fun things, especially with Max. So - today I left work a few minutes early, and Max and I went up to Butler's Orchard and picked strawberries. We had a lot of fun, and we picked a TON of strawberries! I think Max ate more strawberries than he actually put in the bucket though! It was really fun to be outsite, getting my nice work clothes dirty for a good cause - strawberries and Max!

2 comments:

Katz said...

The construction cake turned out cute! I'm glad Max had a good birthday.

Was it 900 degrees when you picked strawberries? It was when we went.

Julie said...

I think you're blog is very fun!

Julie

Followers