Wednesday, June 25, 2008

No house YET (but it is coming - I hope!)

HOUSE NEWS:

So - several of you have been asking me for an update on my house. No - I do not yet own it. I was SUPPOSED to settle on it on Tuesday, June 17th. But the settlement attorney - Bob Slugg - his company doesn't return phone calls, can't locate the correct paperwork, etc. We can't settle until they have put all the paperwork together, sent the appropriate documents to my loan person and my real estate agent, etc. My real estate agent - Jeff Annis - has been doing a great job following up with all of the different parties involved. If it weren't for him, I don't think this deal would be moving along at all.


But for now - I am not sure when I will settle on the house. I do know that I WILL - that the house will be mine (hopefully sooner than later). Let's just hope it happens before I have to be out of my apartment!


Other fun stuff:

Last weekend I went to Harper's Ferry, WV. I had never been to West Virginia before. OK - I had been there ONCE - but just to go to a friend's house - not to do anything touristy... I was amazed at how beautiful it was. I didn't bring my camera - so my pictures are all from my cell phone. But it was a great trip - beautiful, fun, great!

3 comments:

Amy said...

is his name really Bob Slugg? That should have been your first clue!

Jill said...

Argh! Good luck Rebecca. I hope you are able to settle soon. I can't wait to see you Monday.

Miller Family said...

Hey Girl! I'm so happy you are moving closer to all the really cool people, hahaha! I can't believe Max is four! That's crazy. Bummer about your house, I'll keep my fingers crossed it works out soon. We are going to the Water Mines on Friday, want to come?

Followers