
Yes! Yesterday at 5:50 I signed the last document for my new house!!! There were several moments that afternoon when I didn't think I would walk away with a key - but in the end - it all worked out. I have to say - I think my secret weapon was Max. Since the settlement wasn't scheduled till 3:00 - and it was on the other side of town - I had to bring Max with me. We really thought it would be pretty cut and dry - so it wouldn't be too bad for him. Well, when Max and I showed up we found out that they still didn't have the HUD-1 finalized, and they hadn't cleared a lien from the home. Actually - they hadn't even found out how much the lien was for yet!!! So instead of leaving, we camped on their lobby floor. My realtor taught Max how to play Pick Up Stix with coffee stirrers. Then we borrowed scotch tape from the receptionist and the real fun began! We started making cars and swords with the coffee stirrers. Basically - we were a constant (and at times noisy) reminder that we were there. Anyway - in the end - everything was sorted out, it all worked out, and I am now the owner of a townhouse! Next begins all the work on it - and hopefully we will move in sometime in the next 2-3 weeks! I can't wait!
6 comments:
congratulations! I know you are soo excited!. Better start paining some more pictures to put up on those walls.
That is awesome! S o glad that it worked out!
Congratulations! I can't wait to see it and I can't wait to see you at the Melting Pot.
Yeah! Congrats and good job on using the kid as a squeaky wheel. I know that it was probably unintentional, but it sure worked out well
Rebecca-
Congrats on the townhouse!!! I am so proud of your accomplishment. Enjoy!!
congrats!!!! how exciting for you and max!
Post a Comment