Max's birthday is coming up - he will be 4 on June 15th. Originally we were going to have a nice birthday party for him - but as he has continued to not use the facilities (i.e. he is still pooping in his diapers/underwear) I decided to try to use this as a motivation to get him to get potty-trained once and for all. I told him his birthday was coming up - showed him where it was on the calendar, etc. But then I explained to him that boys who do not do poop in the potty don't get birthday parties. I was warned that I shouldn't give a threat that I couldn't follow through with... I really hoped I wouldn't have to follow through with the threat - but - sadly - it looks like I will have to... We have all kinds of incentives to pee and poop - we have charts, candy, presents, books to read while on the potty, cool underwear, uncomfortable diapers, everything. Nothing has worked. I know - people say boys will do it when they are ready - but it comes down to the fact that for FOUR YEARS I have been paying for and changing POOPY diapers! MOMMY is tired of it! So... yeah... Please Max - please get potty trained!

The link above is to a little 'wish list' of items Max would like. No obligation to buy - but Grandma, Grandpa - uncles - just a few ideas... I'll try to put up some more ideas. He also wants a Wii. (Haha!)
HOUSE NEWS: House status is looking UP! It sounds like the bank will be giving me credit for the different repairs I need to make on the house! So - I am very excited! I am officially 100% approved on my loan mo
ney. Looks like my closing date will be June 17th. At that time, I will start having work done - then hopefully I'll move in July/August.
Of course - it always seems that just as you are about to move - you start making really cool friends near where you live. I will miss a lot of friends that live around here - they have really been great support, good friends, and fun too! Since I still work in this area - we'll still get together! Plus - you got to love blogs - a great way to follow what goes on in eachother's life.
Here's a pic of Max enjoying the pool. Check out the squirt gun - he LOVES that thing!
2 comments:
Congratulations on the house, how exciting! Sorry to hear about your poop issues. We are still working on potty training Thomas. He does fine with the poop, it's the peeing! Two days ago he went pee on my dining room chair. I don't think it was an accident because I caught him and he was "thinking" about it. I like the wish list idea, we may have to use that.
I feel your pain on the potty training front. I won't share our gory details on your blog, but if I could pay someone to do it, I would. Best of luck!
Post a Comment