Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Wounded Knee!


I have a wounded knee. On Thursday I fell - just plain tripped - as I was taking out the trash. I don't know - stumbled over nothing - and hurt my knee. It was mainly bruised - a little scraped. I brushed it off and went to work. Saturday as I was setting up for the Art Show I fell again. This time was much worse. Well - the fall was the same - I lost my balance in the exact same way - and hit the exact same spot on my knee. But the effect was a lot worse! Blood was dripping down my leg all morning, and now - 3 1/2 days later it is STILL killing me. It hurts to wear pants, it hurts if the sheets touch it, it just hurts! When I pour hydrogenperoxide on it it hurts!


I know you didn't come to my blog to read about my wounded knee - but that is what dominates my thoughts tonight! Other than scraping the heck out of my knee - I had a good weekend. I relaxed up in Reston. We had our art show (which didn't go very well - and will probably be the last one ever). Max and I had dinner with the Murphy's who are about to be deployed to England. We went swimming, we went to the park, we went out on the rafts, mom got sunburnt, Max just turned golden, Max got to ride his bike, we had a great day! Why do we have to go to work anyway? I'm becoming so disallusioned with the whole 'working' thing! It is so over-rated.
House news? There is none. At this point - you know as much as I do. My hope is slipping though...

3 comments:

Tammy and Alvin said...

Ouch! I'm so sorry. Let me know if I can do anything to help.

Anonymous said...

That knee looks so nasty! I wish I could kiss it better for you!

xox,
Mom

Ryann said...

The knee looks no better-hopefully it'll start feeling better soon. And dinner was fun! Hoping it will work out on the 17th!

Followers