How is it that an organism so freaking SMALL can threaten a dream so BIG!!!! I think I mentioned earlier that we found some mold - well, now everybody is getting me worried that there is a mold PROBLEM. So we had a mold guy come out. He estimates that it is new - and to fix it right now is about $2500 - since it is in it's infancy. So we told the Bank (who currently owns the house) the needed to ABATE the mold issue immediately as a condition of sale. They said they didn't really care. Do you know what this means?
1. Good chance I won't buy the house now - (unless they lower the price enough to make it worth my while to pay some by $2500 to stop the mold, plus a plumber to fix the leaks, plus an HVAC guy to install a new heating/AC system...)
2. The MOLD will continue to grow. This is the East Coast. It keeps raining. We have MUGGY summers. Right now there is a small containable mold problem. In a few months - there is going to be a huge mold problem!
All I have to say is this is stupid! I can't do anything about it because I don't own the house. I'm not allowed to go in and turn the main water off because it isn't my property. If the bank doesn't have it turned off - the leaks will continue - the mold will grow, and I will just walk away.
This is so stupid. This is a perfectly good house getting ruined because there are too many foreclosures and nobody has time to make sure that mold isn't taking over.
ON ANOTHER NOTE: Max was taking a bath again tonight - and found that his super cool squirt gun is already broken! Turns out that the high pressure thingee in it was maybe too high pressure... There are little cracks in the plastic - so I'm guessing that he pumped it up too hard. He is very sad, but is still willing to take the risk to buy the exact same gun again - even though it may break...
4 comments:
Good grief! That's really sad they the bank doesn't care.
Seems like things have been kinda sucky for you right now. Sorry!!! Whatever happens, I am sure you will find a great house and the one that is right for your family. Your friend Jonelle? is in my ward. She said she went to high school with you. Small world. Hang in there!
That must be unimaginably frustrating! And whoever the dunce/jr. loan officer they have handling your case clearly doesn't understand their much wiser choice of working with you on it. Perhaps even going one level up and stating your case, with a much reduced offer, may get it, but who knows. I am sure you will find something else, and hopefully mold free :)
And poor Max, nothing is worse than losing your favorite toy!
Sounds like to me that house will be on the market for a very long time. I'm surprised the bank wasn't willing to accommodate you in such a down market like this...especially over $2500, which isn't much when your talking housing costs in northern Virginia.
Post a Comment