So - some days aren't so good. Like today! I feel like I am being buried alive at work, like I spent 2 1/2 hours at the dentist - only to end up with a $400 bill and an ill-fitting temporary crown (follow-up from the root canal), and an almost 4-year old who did poo-poo in his pants tonight.
I'm listening to the report on NPR about the earthquake in China. It is so sad to hear about the children, the people who have died in the earthquake. How can I complain about my little problems - the fact that all at the same time I am trying to plan a training for work, buy a house, do my painting business, and be a mom shows that I have so much more than the majority of the world. I love being Max's mom - but it is so hard to always be the mom, always be responsible, always...
But - little miracles come out of nowhere. A friend of mine called me the other day - she said she had something for me - when could she drop it off. I was so busy over the weekend - we could never arrange our schedules. So tonight - I called to see if I could pick it up - and she invited us to dinner, and then gave me several frozen meals she had prepared for us. She had no idea that THAT act was EXACTLY what I needed to get me through the evening. The dinner was so good - and our kids had SO much fun playing together afterwards. Thank you Tammy!
So - tonight after I put Max to bed, I am going to work. I am going to work on training scripts, review the final edits of the manual, and prepare the training database. And I'm going to try to go to bed at a decent hour.
No comments:
Post a Comment