Sunday, May 11, 2008

Rainy Day

What a rainy day it is today. It seems this whole weekend is rainy - though yesterday evening and afternoon we did get a break. Right now though - it seems the dreary rain is the dominating presence.

I have gotten several questions about the house - so I'll give you a few more details. But - I don't want to get too excited yet - there are still a lot of details that could make the whole deal fall through. The place is a townhouse out in Reston, VA. It is a forclosure, so I will have to do some work on it before I actually move in - but it really is in pretty good shape. It is in a great school district, the neighborhood is nice and so far the many neighbors I have met have all been very friendly. Downside: I will be commuting again. I know - I swore on my life that I wouldn't do that again - but I just have not felt 'at home' in Maryland over the past year and a half, and I need to go somewhere different. Plus this is a great opportunity for both Max and I. I am nervous about making such a huge commitment, I am nervous about being a single-parent-home-owner. But - one step at a time, right?

Here's to hoping!

No comments:

Followers