Today I had the inspection on the house. It didn't go nearly as well as I hoped it would. I haven't given up on it yet - but I am back in bartering-mode with the bank. The furnace/AC unit does not work, and there are some plumbing problems - which have recently caused some mold problems - which we think are fixable - but still. So I'm going back to the bank and telling them they have to lower the price... Luckily I have a few connections - one of my ex-husband's best-friends does AC's - so he is helping me find a pretty good deal as I type this blog now! Thanks Burt!!!! Anyway - we'll see how it all works out. I really do love this house, the neighborhood, everything. But I have to remind myself that if it is not meant to be, it isn't meant to be. So that is the update on the house...
Max is a funny boy. He is into 'shooting guns' which include squirt guns. This weekend I bought him a squirt gun for when we go swimming. This gun is so cool - you pump it up - then you can shoot like 30 feet or something. He wanted to play with it - but our pool doesn't open up till Monday - and it is too cold anyway. So instead - I stuck him in the bathtub and closed the shower curtain. He was just going at it for a good 20 minutes. I could just hear him giggling and laughing. He had so much fun!
Next weekend we are going to have our Art Booth open at the Reston Farmer's Market: www.therestonmarket.com. If you are familiar with Reston - it is the Farmer's Market over by Lake Anne. I'd LOVE it if you came out to support us! I'd especially love it if you decided to buy one of our fine pieces of art!!! Check out www.paintingmom.com or www.whatinspiresme.com for examples of what is up for grabs! (Oh man - I am SUCH a self-promoting dork!!!)
Any other news in my life? Max is starting to cough - I am hoping it is a passing thing - because this is my BUSY time of year - PLUS - the whole house thing going on. I feel so lazy. Every night I take a stack of work home with me- and then end up ignoring it. This weekend I planned on working about 6 hours - and only worked about 3. What can I say!?!? I'm tired!
I wish I could remember some of the funny things Max comes up with these days - but tonight I am just too tired. I promise I'll get back into the swing of it soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment