Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Life never slows down

Sunday night I got a text from my mom letting me know that my cousin had passed away. I thought he probably would die, but knowing he actually did was still hard. Although I didn't know him that well, I know his parents very well, and have fond memories of hanging with TC at family reunions, etc.

So - Friday morning I am flying out to Vegas for the funeral. It will be a very short trip, so unless you want to pick me up or drop me off at the airport - I will probably only be able to see family on this trip. (I get in Friday at around 1:45 pm and leave Saturday at around 11:45 pm.)

When I told Max that he got to spend an extra weekend with his dad, he was happy. But when I told him I was going to see grandma and grandpa, he said - "Mommy - please, can I come too?" I was so sad that I had to tell him no. Not only would it be way way way too much money - but who wants to do a red eye flight with a 3 year old?

Max is really growing up. He rode bikes and ran around with his friends in the neighborhood for about an hour last night. He had SO much fun. He is such a happy kid.

2 comments:

Bob Blandeburgo said...

So sorry to hear about this.

Jill said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin's passing. It sounded like such a freak accident when I looked at his blog earlier. It's so shocking. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to help you.

Followers