Wednesday, February 06, 2008

"Mmm, this is good" miracle!

What a day! And it is only 7:00 pm - there is still lots of time for other crazy adventures! I haven't really told you all about Max's skin rash becuase it is in a not so pleasant spot. Well - it is getting worse. And worse. I took him to the doctor for it last week, and he was put on antibiotics. Then a few days later, another part of the rash started emerging - a 'fungal' growth... We ended up in Urgent Care Monday night so he would be let back into daycare the next day. Well - it has gotten even WORSE since then. He couldn't sleep at night, he kept itching at it - so it ended up getting worse and worse and worse. His whole 'area' was about twice as large as it normally was because it was so swollen. So today I got him in to see his doctor. She gave him a specially formulated 'Butt Paste' made from all kinds of good steriods, anti-fungal things, and A&D type stuff. He also got a medicine to help him stop itching that should stop the itching also. I tell you - I don't know how he is coping with it! I remember when I was pregnant and had hives - it was horrible! I feel so bad for my little guy!

Well, since we were home early - I figured I better cook something for dinner. I hadn't really planned on cooking (I normally just do some sort of noodles with cheese on top for Max - and then I fend for myself with the scraps...). Anyway - I ended up making this cheesy rice, chicken and corn casserole thing. Max was very helpful and set the table. I figured Max would not like the dinner - he only likes chicken nuggets, noodles and cheese... Well, when it was time to sit down for dinner - he ran over, sat down, reminded me to bless the food, and started eating! I have never seen him eat a casserole-type dish with such vigor before in my whole life! He took a bite and said "Mmmmm, this is good!" He NEVER says things like that! Well, I shouln't get too excited. he changed his tune about 3 bites later when all of the sudden - all he wanted was Care Bear Fruit Snacks... But still - even a few bites is something for me to get excited about! :)

No comments:

Followers