Thursday, February 28, 2008

It is cold out here!

Yep - this winter is not sneaking away! We have had cold days with lots of wind. You look out the window and everything looks all sunny and happy... You are mislead into wearing a semi-spring outfit. But, the second you crack your front door open you feel the error of your dressing hit the center of your soul. The wind whips through your blouse, the light pants, whatever flimsy outfit out thought would be enough - and you just end up being COLD... Such is life...

Let's see... Not too much to report for this week. I have been extremely tired lately. That kind of overall exhaustion where you wonder how you are going to get up to fix dinner for you kid - but it is dinner time, and he needs to eat... So - we ate out about 4 times this week -just so I wouldn't have to cook. That is horrible - because I am trying to spend less money - and eat healthier... We'll start over next week...
Max is really growing up. The other day - I had to pick him up from daycare, pick up Burger King and going back to the office where he ate and I continued to work. After he finished eating, I gave him some pens and paper. He sat down and wrote 'MAX.' Then, he turned the paper over and wrote 'MOM.' Now - we have practiced MAX a lot. But I have never had him write Mom before. We just talk about how to spell it! But the real exciting thing - Max did a big poop in the potty! YEAH!!! He was so excited about it he made me take a picture so we could show everybody! So - here you go! More than you wanted to see!


Last week my breaks were worn out, so last Saturday Max and I went down to Aamco where Max's dad works so he could change the breaks. The whole week before - as we heard funny sounds coming from the car (due to the failing brakes) Max would try to diagnose it. He would tell me - "Mom - you need new tires. I am going to be a mechanic like daddy. I fix your tires." Max was very happy to be able to watch his dad fix mommy's brakes. Mommy was very happy that daddy FIXED the brakes - because it turns out there wasn't much left of them! Thanks Javier!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't figure out what that picture was..I love it! YOu're my kind of Mom!

Katz said...

i can't stop laughing. max is awesome!

Miller Family said...

Oh the joys of potty training! Good job Max!

Followers