Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Marching ants, Running Rebecca

So I came home from New York to a traffic-jam of ants. They crawl in under the door, march through the shoes in the coat closet, sneak behind the bookshelves, cut diagonally under my desk, crawl along the base of the bar in the kitchen, up the wall by the dishwasher, across the kitchen counter and then, well, I don't know exactly what they are trying to get to! I have remvoed all possible food sources. Now there only hope for food is Max's dinner droppings...

I have taught Max how to suck them up with the vacuum cleaner. It is great - as I get ready for work in the morning, he sucks up ants!

Tonight I went running outside! It was great! I did a mile and a half in about 16 minutes or something. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be - in fact, maybe it was even more rewarding.

I have narrowed down my 5K choices to two options: Rockville or Reston. A friend of mine warned against Rockville - said there were a LOT of hills. So I am going to see about Reston. Both are September 30th - so that will be my date to run! You are more than welcome to come out and route for me!

1 comment:

Ryann said...

So are we coming to route for you by keeping you on the course? Or can we come and root for you and say rah, rah? Sorry, I'm such a smart-*#@!

Followers