This weekend I met up with my mom in New York city for a 'girl's weekend.' We spent three days running all over Manhatten. We saw Spamalot - which was hilarious. I laughed and laughed, then laughed some more. We walked through the bustling streets of Time Square, we ate at Rockefeller Center, Carnegie Cafe (so so yummy), this pizza place that had the BEST pizza I have ever had in my entire life... I bought a purse from a street vendor, we shopped all seven stories of 'the' Macy's, ate at a little cafe in SoHo, bought art supplies and clothes in SoHo, admired art in SoHo. I really loved SoHo. When I win the lottery, maybe I will get a studio apartment there - that is - IF I could afford it!!!! We had a great time. I think I ate too much food, but that is OK. It isn't every weekend you get to hang out with your mamacita in New York City!
Another thing about New York - the people were so nice! There is the well-known stereo type about mean, nasty New Yorkers... Well, the mean and nasty ones must have all left town for Labor Day weekend because everybody I met greeted us with a smile, and were ready to help with Subway directions, or give you a recommendation for dinner. We had a great weekend! Thanks Mom!!!
1 comment:
The only thing you left out is the list we made of a few of the places we plan to visit on our NEXT trip, which needs to be sooner rather than later. It was a fabulous weekend!
Post a Comment