I think the highlight for me (and maybe Max too) was looking at the stars that night. There are so many lights in
the area
where we live that it is nearly impossible to see very many stars. Although we still couldn't see as many stars as you would be able to see way out in the country - we were still amazed by the beauty. One of our friends (Caroline - who I went to BYU with years ago!) brought binoculars, and she pointed out several constalations. It was amazing.
the area 2. GROWING: Max is constantly asking me when he will grow, if he is getting bigger, etc. Well, lately he has been so much heavier than I remembered. I don't have a scale at home, so I decided to just see if he has gotten taller... And guess what! He has grown an INCH AND A HALF!!! For those of you who are not all that impressed by a seemingly average amount of growth in a toddler - you have to realize - this is the FIRST MEASURED GROWTH he has had in a year and a half! Both he and I were ecstatic!
3. Songs: Its funny how kids will take a song and not really understand all the words, so they put new words in place. Max's friend Kyle took the words to Dinah Washington's 'Relax Max' and changed them slightly. He would sing it (incorrectly) all the time - and so now Max has picked up Kyle's wording, and it is one of his favorite songs to sing. Kyle/Max's words are: "Relax Max, Your hair is doing jumping Jacks Max." (Original words were 'Relax Max, Your nerves are just like jumping jacks, Max.)
Max also loves to sing 'You Are My Sunshine' to me - which I think is the cutest thing in the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment