Thursday, August 30, 2007

I love Max!

This little boy has stolen my heart. We have had so much fun this summer. I just wanted to share a few stories from this summer before I forget them, before they fade into the distant past. So the pictures don't necessarily go with the stories, but they just remind me of the fun times we have had.

The other day, Max turned to me and said, "Mommy, I am not three anymore. I am four! My birthday is in June!"

We were driving home from our friends' house, and Max said to me, "Mommy, I want to back there lots and lots of times!"

Max is very meticulous (sorry about the spelling...). The other day when I picked him up from school, his teacher told me that they were doing an art project. They had 1-inch squares of colored paper, and they were to glue them on to a peice of construction paper. All of the other kids just glued them all over, in random clumps of paper. But Max was very, very specific about how he would glue his squares onto his paper. He wanted all the blues in one color, all the pinks in the other, etc. He also wanted them all lined up in a straight line, evenly spaced. His teacher was so amazed at the skill and ability Max has.

Max and I have a friend who lives in our apartment complex. When she is not able to come straight home from work, Max and I will walk her dog Murphy. Max LOVES Murphy. He talks about him all the time. The other day, as we dropped Murphy back home, Murphy started whining. Max was very concerned that Murphy was sad. So he went to Murphy, laid down next to him and put his arm around him. He said, "Murphy, don't worry, your mommy will be home soon! I love you!"

Tonight were were at a outdoor concert with some friends. The musician was a great Irish singer who got the whole crowd involved in the songs. We were having a great time. I was swinging Max around, when BOOM - we bumped heads - hard! Ooooh - I wanted to cry it hurt me so bad! But I guess it also hurt Max's head too! We both looked at eachother, both about to cry, when all the sudden, he gave me the BIGGEST kiss right where I got bonked. Then said, "Now mommy, you kiss my head!" We sat there kissing eachothers foreheads for a couple minutes till we were ready to continue playing. In case you were wondering - yes - a kiss actually DOES make a boo-boo feel better.

I love Max!

No comments:

Followers