Thursday, August 23, 2007

Running...

I have made a goal to run a 5K. I have never really liked running before. In highschool, I hated it when we had to run. In college I had to take a class that required you to run a 10 minute mile in order to get an A. I hated that class (I did get an A though). But now, I feel like I want to run. I want to feel my heart beating fast, I want to sweat, I want to get the exercise endorphins. So, I am starting off small - with a 5K. I haven't picked my 5K date, but I will soon. I will probably be late September or October. So, ask me often how I am doing at training for my big race...

Tonight was the first time I was able to run. It is a LOT harder to find time than I thought it would be! So tonight - at 8:00 pm, I dragged Max over to the apartment exercise room. I get there, and realized I had removed the exercise key from my ring because I didn't remember what it was for. So we ran over to Gia's house and borrowed her key. And as we were about to go into the exercise room, I smelled the smell of POOP. Yes - Max had an 'incident.' He is potty-training - and is really good at the pee part. However, the poop thing alludes him. So here I am - REALLY wanting to just START RUNNING - even if it for 20 minutes. So - we go in anyway. I set up his portable DVD player on the floor, start the Bernstein Bears video, and get on the treadmill. I start running, and have been going for about 8 minutes. Wow! This is a record run for me! I'm doing good, feeling confidedent, when Max wants water. So I gave him my water bottle. He can't open it. So he comes back to me. I open it for him. He takes a tiny drink, and then makes me put the lid back on. Then two minutes later, he needs another drink. We repeat again. By this time, I had hit my one mile mark. YEAH! I ran my first mile!!! But Max's video is over (kids movies are short), he wants attention, and it is way past his bedtime, so my first run is over already.

So, maybe it wasn't the most remarkable start - but hey - I started!

1 comment:

Ryann said...

I need to jump start my exersizing...maybe I should commit to doing the 5K with you? I love to run (well, I used to before kids) and I need a partner to really make me do it. Maybe we could be long distance running buddies?

Also, Madi too is great with the peeing but man, I would pay her in loads of candy if she would just POOP ON THE POTTY!!!!

Followers