Well, today Max and I took a step backwards... I finally came to the conclusion that he just isn't ready to ditch the diapers quite yet. Saturday we had an accident at Burger King, Sunday we had two accidents in a row at our friend's house, and this morning, as we were walking out to the car to head off to school, we had another accident. I don't want to traumatize him by continuously getting mad at him for having accidents, and I don't want him to get some kind of complex or anything. So, we had a conversation on the way to school and decided together that he would go back to diapers, and he would tell me when he was ready to go to big-boy underwear... If only diapers weren't so dang expensive!!!
It is funny the way little boys' minds work. Last week I met with his teacher at school - and she told me that he really enjoys most parts of school - however, he does NOT like playing dress-up, and he does NOT AT ALL like Circle Time. I didn't say anything to him about it. He is 6 at least months younger than the next kid up in the class, and is the smallest by far. But yesterday as we were driving, out of the blue, he said, 'Mom, I do not like Circle Time.' It was pretty funny!
One of the sweetest things he does these days is asking if I will check on him at night. We have our standard bedtime routine which includes getting dressed, reading stories, saying prayers, talking about the day, etc. Sometimes we snuggle for a while, but in the end, Mommy always leaves to go do 'work.' Before I go to bed for the night, I always check on him - tuck him in and kiss his little head. Now, before I leave, he says, "Mommy, will you check on me?" I always tell him yes. It is the sweetest request. Amazingly - I think I want the same thing as my three-year old - somebody who cares about me to check on me and make sure I am OK. :)
It is funny the way little boys' minds work. Last week I met with his teacher at school - and she told me that he really enjoys most parts of school - however, he does NOT like playing dress-up, and he does NOT AT ALL like Circle Time. I didn't say anything to him about it. He is 6 at least months younger than the next kid up in the class, and is the smallest by far. But yesterday as we were driving, out of the blue, he said, 'Mom, I do not like Circle Time.' It was pretty funny!
One of the sweetest things he does these days is asking if I will check on him at night. We have our standard bedtime routine which includes getting dressed, reading stories, saying prayers, talking about the day, etc. Sometimes we snuggle for a while, but in the end, Mommy always leaves to go do 'work.' Before I go to bed for the night, I always check on him - tuck him in and kiss his little head. Now, before I leave, he says, "Mommy, will you check on me?" I always tell him yes. It is the sweetest request. Amazingly - I think I want the same thing as my three-year old - somebody who cares about me to check on me and make sure I am OK. :)
1 comment:
I totally understand the accidents. Madi has only pooped twice in the potty and today she had two pee-pee accidents. She always follows it up with, Mommy I won't do it ever again. If only that were true!
Post a Comment