Monday, June 01, 2009

It is summer time!

Well, let's see - here we go again - I am going to give a quick wrap up of all of our weekend events... We had a great weekend. It started off going to see Night at the Museum 2, which we all really enjoyed. Then Saturday morning Max had a soccer game. Really - it was more like soccer run-around time - a whole bunch of kids chasing after one ball - but it was cute, and Max had a blast.
Then we went to a Rugby tournament out in Alexandria watching our friend Michael's team play during the half-time of a pro game. I really enjoyed the bagpipes, and watching the crazy rugby players as they obliterated each other.
We played pirates with the boys. So far, we haven't finished a FULL game with everybody because somebody usually begins to lose their temper - but we are getting better and better. It is amazing how this game brings out the aggressive side out! But it is SOOO addictive.
Max went to a birthday party for his friend Samantha - it was an ice-skating party. This meant that the parents watched their kids flounder around on the ice (literally ON the ice - as in - on their butts and bellies) as the birthday girl skated circles around the parents... Max had a great time and wants to go back soon.
We went swimming this weekend too - the pools are all open and a ton of fun. It is so fun seeing how good Max is at maneuvering his way through the water.
Now that it is nice outside - we grill out as often as possible. Tonight I did a hamburger for me, and hotdogs for Max. Max loves to 'help.'

Finally - tonight after I put Max to bed, I could hear him playing around. So I told him to go to sleep or get up and help me clean. Guess what - he got up and helped me clean! He was actually very helpful. He dusted, straighted the shoe closet, and vacuumed, put away all of his toys, and finally helped me throw away a whole bunch of papers. Great job Max! So yup - we are having a great time!

No comments:

Followers