Saturday, June 13, 2009

Birthday Party Weekend!

Yay! I survived the birthday party! Many ups and downs - but I think it turned up in the end. Our good friend who was going to help with a lot of everything had to attend a funeral out of town - so it made things a little trickier - but it worked out pretty well. We had the party at the YMCA pool - and the kids got to swim for an hour, and then we had an hour for games, a pinata, and cake and ice-cream.
There were a few slip-ups - maybe I was the only one who really noticed... Like the fact that the cake was SO huge! See - originally - I was going to make cupcakes - but thursday night I sorta realized that I just didn't have the time anymore. So Friday I called the bakery and ordered a cake over the phone. She told me that based on the number of people coming - I needed a FULL sheet cake. Well - guess what - that was WAY too big. But we had fun with it - we let the kids pick pieces from where-ever they wanted. Like, from the middle, the grass area, the street, the sprinkle area, etc. Very funny!

Also - they YMCA didn't let me into the 'party' room until the exact time that we would be needing it. Meaning - no time to set up, decorate, or even unpack, etc. So yeah - that was tricky - because I also needed to change from my bathing suit, get Max changed, everything... Yeah - crazy. Tricky - yes. But Max had a blast - I mean - a BLAST!

So far the rest of the weekend has also been good - fun walks with ducks, Max's soccer game, eating outside, listening to a live band, Max learning to ride his new 2-wheeler bike with the neighbor kids in the evening hours - so far - we have had a great weekend!



1 comment:

Ryann said...

So glad it went well. Happy birthday Max!

Followers