I heard back from Max's dermatologist today - you know - they biopsy results... Well - it isn't yeast, it isn't fungal. It is some sort of dermatitis - but they don't know exactly WHAT is causing it. So they are going to treat him with a steriod cream. Then I have to bring him back for a follow-up visit in two weeks. Wonderful... :)
3 comments:
Hey Rebecca,
I am so sorry to hear about Max's rash. I know you have tried everything, but I just wanted to run something by you. When Thomas was 6 months he had a really bad rash. It kind of looked like the one in the picture a couple posts back. It was "rashy" but it had little raised bumps that would seap pus or just be wet. I don't know how many times I took him to the Dr. They said it was dermatitis, too. They put him on a steroid cream, but I found this stuff called freederm. I don't know if you have come across it yet, but it was amazing. You can only get it on the internet and the website looks like some fly-by-night company, but it works. I used it on Thomas and it cleared up his rash. I have told several other people about it and they have had the same success. It is worth a shot. Go to www.freederm.com. It runs around $30.00 a jar, but it is worth every penny. Email me if you have any other questions about it.
I love checking up on myou and Max. Take care.
At least you are ruling infections out. My fingers are crossed that they will figure out what it is!
Gee whiz... you'd think after all this time they'd have better answers than that! I really hope it clears up for him soon, poor guy!
Post a Comment