Monday, August 25, 2008

Noises...

As I sit here and finish up things on my computer, I keep hearing noises outside my door. I wish I wasn't such a whimp...

ANYWAY - today I dropped my car off at home and then jogged to Max's daycare and then we jogged home together. The jogging stroller is really working out so far! We are both able to spend some time outside, and I am getting in some running time with MAJOR resistance! I took some back trails today and MAN - there are HILLS out there!

For some reason Max had it in his head that he was going to start Kindergarten this year. On the way to the grocery store he began to tell me that he had learned his letters so he was all ready to start kindergarten. He was VERY sad to find out he had another year of pre-school before kindergarten started. But then he asked, what is pre-school? I told him it was the kind of school he goes to now that gets you ready for kindergarten. Then he seemed to be OK with it!

Just a few cute things he has been doing/saying lately:
  • He received some really cool hand-me-down Lighting McQueen slippers, and he said "I have never had these before in my whole lifes!" He now has to sleep with them.
  • He wanted to bring some toys up to bed with him - but I told him he had to carry everything up himself. So he found a plastic bag, loaded it up with toys, and hauled everything up stairs. The funniest part was walking behind him, noticing that he carried the heavy bag the same way I carry heavy bags upstairs!
  • Tonight while I was making dinner I asked him to clear off the table. A few minutes later - he was SO excited to show me that he had cleared off the table! And he had! The table was completely cleared off! He had just moved everything to various places (like the floor or on top of boxes)! I was just so happy to see him helping out - and he was so proud of himself. I was even more excited when he ate all of his fish-sticks!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Cute! I love the story about Max clearing the table. Kids are so literal. Also, sorry about the spooky noises. I didn't need much to freak myself out. I hope they don't bother you too much.

Followers