Saturday, July 12, 2008

I hate moving!

Well, all things considered, our move went pretty smoothly. It's like your wedding day - only you know all the kinks to the finely tuned plan... We had a TON of people to help load our HUGE truck this morning (thank you Montgomery Village Ward - you are AWESOME!!!) and we had some great ladies come and help me do the final cleaning to the apartment. As I was about to leave - the truck started making some wierd dinging noises. I had to wait an extra hour for the service man to call me back, and then trouble shoot the problem - which turned out not to be a problem at all. But it did put us a LITTLE behind. But we actually pulled up to our new house the same time as our move-in crew did (Thank you Reston and Franklin Ward!!!). They did a great job of moving all of our furniture, boxes, etc. Once they left, it was me, Max and a very big truck. A good friend helped us drop off the truck. Once we were back, settled into the quiet of our own house - the absolute profoundness of what I had just done sunk in.

I BOUGHT A HOUSE.

Yes, I bought a house. I had work done on it before I moved in, I painted, I packed, I then paid other people to pack for me, and now - I am sitting in this house - full of boxes, completely overwhelmed.

We found enough stuff to make the beds (thanks to my great packer) and I have moved a few boxes around to facilitate an oven delivery tomorrow. But now - well, there are probably 200 boxes to be unpacked. And curtains to be hung. The upstairs toilet doesn't work (it worked last week!), that kind of stuff. It is scary. It is exciting. It is a challange.

Michelle - Thanks for stopping by with your kids and bringing pasta salad. Max wants to play with (Mom - what are those kids names again?)...

I'll send out pictures of the move tomorrow - but for tonight - I wanted to let you all know that Max and I are now residents of the Commonwealth of VIRGINIA once again! YIPEEEE!!!!

No comments:

Followers