Yesterday my mom met me at work and we drove home to Reston to pick up Max from daycare. As soon as Max saw my mom walk in - he yelled out 'Grandma!' and just ran straight to her. It was really cute to see how happy he was to see her. After eating out at Boston Market we went back home and Max got to 'show off' his new room (the room my mom did all the work on!). He loved every minute of it. That evening we dropped her off at the metro.
When I came home and started getting Max ready for bed, I discovered that his 'rash down under' (the one that has been coming and going for about 2 years now) got significantly WORSE. It was so bad that I ended up taking him into Urgent Care. They think he is allergic to something - and this breakout may have been caused by the fact that I had him in 'new' underwear - (new from the store - never washed). I felt bad - but I had no choice - my washing machine is STILL broken!!! Sigh...
Today after school we went swimming with some of our friends. We went to the Dogwood pool today which was PERFECT for our kids. The shallow end was 2 1/2 feet instead of the typical 3 or 4 feet. That made it so that Max could walk around without going under. He actually got up the confidence to go under water by himself about 15 times, and then he even started doing some doggie-paddling! You have no idea how exciting this is for me!!!
My house is SLOWLY getting more and more arranged... Hopefully in the next week or two!
No comments:
Post a Comment