Thursday, June 05, 2008

We have power!!!

It was rather ironic today as I drove past the Pepco offices (our local power company) and the stoplights into their 'compound' were off due to lack of power... Anyway - 'lucky' for Max and I - both his day care and my office had power - so we didn't get the day off. But I guess enough schools DIDN'T have power that the closed schools for our county and several other nearby counties. Plus the roads were horrible - with all the branches non-working traffic lights. Tonight - things were looking much better.

Today Max and I hit the pool after work. I am not really interested in immersing my body into this pool - it is very cold - and the only people that ever swim in it are really under 12 - oh - except for those really brave moms that go in to protect their child who can't yet swim - but they usually come in fully clothed to protect themselves from the water... - but there are two 'step' areas where Max could potentionally play while I just sit closely and observe. But - I don't even have to worry about that... My son doesn't like to get in the water!!! OK - he likes it if I am ALL the way in the water with him. I'll only do that when the water is warm enough, and then, only for limited amounts of time. It is really hard to be involved in a fast action game like Marco Polo with a HEAVY 3 year old saying - "too much water, higher, throw me, not like that" to actually win (plus - with Marco Polo you're supposed to be quiet!!!). SO.... He is always wanting to go to the pool, but then he refuses to get in the water! He does enjoy shooting people with his 'squirting gun.' It usually gets him in trouble - either with a good splash, or a yell from his mom when he squirts some random strange-grown-up. Why am I rattling on about nothing? Maybe to prove to all of you out there that - even though I'm a single mom that works full time and is often tired that I really do do things with my son. And that we have fun!

I start to think and ponder - time to end this blog!

2 comments:

Katz said...

YAY for power!

We haven't dared to venture down to the pool yet. And after that post... I'm not sure I want to. I don't like cold water. And I don't think my babies will either.

Ryann said...

I am so like you. I don't like to go into the water if it is too cold also! gosh, aren't we getting old?

Followers