We finally made it! We are on vacation. And I am blogging... Well, - that is what you do when you are a single mom and you are on vacation and your son is taking a nap. (Actually - I think I am going to take walk in just a bit if my parents will watch him...). Yesterday turned out to be a hectic - but fun - day. We checked out the Reston Market to see what it will be like for next week, went to a soccer game, had lunch, and ran around having some fun.
Then, we did the whole airport thing - which is always stressful - but usually more so when you are a single mom with a three-year old. I did get some significant helpf getting to the airpor - which made all the difference though!
So now - we are in Florida. As soon as Max saw his grandpa at baggage claim - he rain over to him and just shouted "GRANDPA!!!" Then - when we met up with grandma at the car rental place - it was like he was in heaven - "GRANDMA!!!!!!" then "GRANDPA!!!!" He just ran back and forth for a long time in pure delight. He was very excited to see that Floriday has 'Coconut Trees' and wanted to touch one. We did that early this morning.
We have now been to the sales pitch they always make you do and played at the pool for many hours and eaten lunch. It is nap time, then maybe paddle boats, fishing and lounging around. Tomorrow we are hitting Sea World - and **BONUS** on Tuesday we are going to DisneyWorld!!!! Yeah!
OK - I am going to head out for my walk - but I will try to post some pictures of us later. Yeah for vacation!
No comments:
Post a Comment