One interesting story - we were watching the 'Believe' show - that is the show that features Shamu and the killer whales. It started off VERY good. It has a great video show and music that goes along with the whales and trainers, etc. Then - all of the sudden - the music sorta faded off, and the lead trainer came out and said - "I'd like to take a few minutes to explain to you about the whales. We work very hard with the whales, exercising them, training them, etc." (she went into more details). But then she went on to explain that at times, the whales didn't always get along. Right now - the dominant female whale was having a problem with the other whales, and was refusing to enter backstage. Basically - they could not continue with the regular show because all the whales were having a fight of sorts! Eventually I think they sorta skipped part of the first act, and just moved on to the second. But it was very interesting to know that sometimes even whales have bad days.
Here are some pictures from today -
2 comments:
FUN!
And that just goes to show you that when the dominant female ain't happy... everything stops.
The last whale show I went to, the show ended abrutly when one of the whales lunged at one of the trainers. We found out later it was because it was her "time of the month" so to speak (for whales I think that it happens only once a year).
Post a Comment