Thursday, April 03, 2008

Ode to Codiene

Well - this whole emergency root canal thing? Very painful!!! Man! So this morning - I could barely even eat part of the muffin Max decided to share with me. I went out to lunch -and could only manage half a bowl of soup and half a thing of mashed potatoes. It was just too painful, and all these anti-inflamitory and pain pills are just making my stomach not feel too great... Around 4:45 I started feeling so sick. Major full on upset stomach, etc. My friend/neighbor/co-worker offered to hang out with Max tonight so that I could get some sleep.

Oh - lovely codiene. I came home, took my two codiene pills, and by the time they were starting to kick in, Gia showed up to whisk Max away to fun-land while I slept like a baby. When I woke up - I was finally hungry enough to eat - and the pain had subsided enough to eat (thanks to the codiene). So now I have eaten, had a little bit of sleep - and I am going to head straight back to bed in just a few minutes...

Funniest thing though: As Max and I were driving home from daycare, I was explaining to him that he was going to hang out with Gia because Mom's tooth was very sore - he told me that he knew why it hurt. He says: "Mommy - I know why you your tooth is so sore! It hurts because you brush your teeth every morning. You shouldn't brush your teeth anymore!" I just thought it was so cute - he had been thinking about it - and this is what seemed to make sense to him. I quickly explained that it was because mommy didn't brush and floss enough and that we needed to make sure that Max brushed to teeth every morning and night.

By the way - those of you NOT living in the DC area - it HAILED today! It is Cherry Blossom week! Why are we getting hail!?!?!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Man Rebecca, I'm so sorry to hear you had to have a root canal. I had one in December. Not fun. That's awesome that you got codiene though. I'm allergic to it, but Andrew isn't and he says it's great!

Followers