But that meant that Max and I went and saw the Cherry Blossoms downtown in the rain... When we left our house at 6:45 am it wasn't really raining - just sorta wet. By the time we got to DC - it was drizzly. Plus - we failed to realize that there was the 5K, 10K, 10 Miler, and who knows-what-other race going on this morning - so our whole plan of finding lots of available parking went out the window as well. After LOTS of walking we did meet up with our friends. The kids had fun, the male enterouge of the group complained about having to go, but the women had a good time! The fun ended for me and Max when we started walking back to our car.
Now - I have to put out a disclaimer that even though I have lived in this area for about 10 years - I STILL get totally lost everytime I go into DC. Yes - it is embarrassing. I KNOW! I even bought a GPS thing - and it still doesn't help. So - anyway - by this point - it is raining, Max and I are both soaked through to the bone, and we are both tired. I asked somebody the best way to walk to where I parked - and they said - Oh - just go up this road till you hit New York, then turn left - and you'll come to 18th. So we walk. We walk through millions of 5K'ers and 10K'ers and their fans and all of the stupid wet tourists and we walk through kids on tours and we walk and then there aren't so many tourists, but we still haven't hit New York, so we keep walking. (Max is in his stroller - thank goodness!). It is raining. It is cold. Finally - as we pass a McDonalds Max says "Mommy - I am HUNGRY!" so we stop and eat. At this point - I give up. I call a friend and he has to look up where my car is, where I currently am, and give me directions on how to get to my car. Turns out I had walked WAY WAY WAY out of the way! Whoever gave me my directions must have still been on a runner's high because they did NOT help me at all... Anyway - all I can say is that it wasn't really the funnest Cherry Blossom event of my life - next year - I'll just look at these pictures and remember the experience instead of trying to see it for myself.
1 comment:
I just got done reading some guys blog about how he intentionally gave bad directions to some tourist in DC who had lost their car. What a funny thing to do.
Post a Comment