Well, I haven't posted any blogs for a little while, and I have began to feel guilty. I know I have SO MANY readers out there who are just dying to know what Max and Rebecca are up to these days! Well, tonight - we built a cabin. We then spent countless hours having fun playing with it before it was destroyed in a horrible accident. No injuries were reported, and all peices were returned to the box before bedtime.
One reason for the lack of blogs is the lack of Max! He was with his dad for a week, back with me for just a few days, then back for the weekend with his dad again. It is amazing how uneventful life can be without him! I was able to see a really good movie (Charlie Wilson's War - I highly recommend it), I checked out the Edward Hopper Exhibit - also very very good, and got in some Swing dancing! It was a good weekend. 

Here is probably my favorite print from Edward Hopper. I like so many things about it. First - the girl, just sitting alone in the middle of the cafe. The quietness reflected in the lights - an atmosphere of dire loneliness. She is all alone, mulling over her coffee in a place that could be filled with laughter and joviality. The girl's hat - the way it droops down. The fact that she left her coat on. The yellow of the radiator. The flowers on the windowsill, just to the left of the girl. I love this painting.
1 comment:
Hope all is well, didn't hear from you over the holiday. Now I know, Looks like you stayed relaxed and busy.
Happy Holiday's
Sharon
Post a Comment